On May 31, 2022, Dr. Emily Goulet hosted a Facebook live session with guest Dr. Janet Burlingame, a maternal fetal medicine specialist. The live stream is entitled: “Preeclampsia: Preconception and Pregnancy”
During this session, the doctors talked about:
- What is preeclampsia (PE)?
- When can it occur in pregnancy and postpartum?
- What complications can arise from PE-placental abruption, preterm birth, and pregnancy loss?
- What are risk factors for developing PE? How is PE managed? What are risks after pregnancy?
- Is there an increased risk of PE in women that undergo Advanced Reproductive Treatment?
- Can PE occur in subsequent pregnancies?
“Preeclampsia is a serious medical condition that can occur about midway through pregnancy (after 20 weeks). People with preeclampsia experience high blood pressure, protein in their urine, swelling, headaches and blurred vision.” If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please consult your Personal Care Provider or OB-GYN.
For more information, please call our office at 808-545-2800 to schedule a consultation with one of our physicians, or visit our website https://www.ivfcenterhawaii.com/. Our initial new patient consultations can now be done from the comfort of your own home. Helping to Create New Beginnings….