On September 26th, 2023, Drs. John Frattarelli, Anatte Karmon, and Emily Goulet hosted a Facebook livestream entitled, “PCOS & Infertility: Seeking Help and Solutions.”
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a complex hormonal disorder that can affect anyone with ovaries. It can cause irregular periods, cysts on the ovaries, weight fluctuations, acne, and so much more. If you are struggling with related infertility or know someone who is, PCOS can significantly impact a person’s ability to conceive.
During this session, the following was discussed:
- What is PCOS and how does it affect fertility?
- Is PCOS common or genetic?
- What are common symptoms of PCOS?
- How is PCOS diagnosed?
- What are my treatment options?
- What types of medicines treat PCOS?
- Are there specific recommendations that can help?
- Are there common misconceptions or myths surrounding PCOS and infertility?
- Can I still get pregnant if I have PCOS? What are the risks?
- When would an individual with PCOS need IVF?
To schedule a consultation and for more information about fertility care, please call our office at 808-545-2800 or visit our website https://www.ivfcenterhawaii.com/. Our initial new patient consultations can now be done from the comfort of your own home. Helping to Create New Beginnings….