On January 31st, 2023, Drs. John Frattarelli, Anatte Karmon, and Emily Goulet hosted a Facebook livestream entitled, “Is Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT) Right for me?”
At the Fertility Institute of Hawaii, we offer a genetic carrier screening panel that checks for more than 250 inherited conditions that could be passed on to a baby. If both partners are carriers of the same abnormal gene, there is a risk of having a child with the condition. PGT is an option for couples who test positive for the same abnormal gene, where embryos are created and tested for the condition before being implanted in the uterus.
During this session, the following was discussed:
- What is Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT)?
- Any there any limitations to PGT?
- Are there any risks to the embryos when doing PGT?
- What types of genetic tests can be done?
- How much does PGT cost?
- What are the different types of Preimplantation Genetic Testing?
- Who should have PGT performed?
- How long does it take to receive test results?
- Can PGT be done with a donor sperm or donor egg?
- When will genetic counseling be needed?
- What is the cost of genetic carrier screening?
To schedule a consultation and for more information about fertility care, please call our office at 808-545-2800 or visit our website https://www.ivfcenterhawaii.com/. Our initial new patient consultations can now be done from the comfort of your own home. Helping to Create New Beginnings….