On February 28th, 2023, Drs. Anatte Karmon and Emily Goulet hosted a Facebook Livestream entitled, “Fertility Preservation.”
Did you know that the Fertility Institute of Hawaii can offer patients the ability to cryopreserve embryos, eggs, or sperm? With recent technological advances, fertility preservation is more successful than ever. As a result, patients may opt for fertility preservation for various reasons. For example, female and male patients may choose to preserve their eggs or sperm if they wish to delay starting a family. Cancer patients may also consider preserving their fertility before undergoing treatments which could negatively impact their ability to conceive in the future.
During this session, the following was discussed:
- What is fertility preservation?
- Why/who should freeze their oocytes/eggs?
- How much does it cost to freeze eggs, sperm, or embryos?
- When should I freeze my eggs?
- Is egg freezing safe?
- What happens to cryopreserved eggs, sperm, or embryos?
- What are the advantages of fertility preservation?
- What are the disadvantages/risks of fertility preservation?
To schedule a consultation and for more information about fertility care, please call our office at 808-545-2800 or visit our website https://www.ivfcenterhawaii.com/. Our initial new patient consultations can now be done from the comfort of your own home. Helping to Create New Beginnings….