On August 30, 2022, Drs. John Fratterelli, Anatte Karmon, and Emily Goulet hosted a Facebook live session entitled: “Vaccines, Fertility, and Your Family.”
This month is National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM). Did you know that NIAM is an annual observance held in August to highlight the importance of vaccinations for people of all ages? Ask the Docs returns to discuss the importance of getting up to date on routine vaccinations.
Vaccines protect and help prevent dangerous diseases such as the Flu, Chickenpox, Measles, Mumps, Pneumonia, Shingles, Polio, and more!
During this session, the following was discussed:
- What are vaccines?
- What is the importance of getting up to date on vaccines?
- What are common side effects of vaccines?
- What does the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) recommend?
- Are there any vaccines that are not safe during pregnancy?
- Should I get a Covid-19 vaccine prior to or during pregnancy? Are there any risks?
If you have any additional questions please leave us a comment below. We hope you will join us again next time.
To schedule a consultation and for more information about fertility care, please call our office at 808-545-2800 or visit our website https://www.ivfcenterhawaii.com/. Our initial new patient consultations can now be done from the comfort of your own home. Helping to Create New Beginnings….