On January 22, 2021 Drs. John Frattarelli, Anatte Karmon, and Emily Goulet hosted a Facebook Live Session about the Covid-19 vaccine. During this session, the doctors answered questions and explained the Covid-19 Vaccine in regards to fertility.
Question such as:
- Can this vaccine affect future pregnancy?
- When should someone get the Covid vaccine and which vaccine?
- Can you still get Covid after getting the vaccine?
- What are common side effects after receiving the vaccine?
- Any effects on men (ie sperm count/quality) after getting the vaccine?
- What routine vaccines are recommended in regards to fertility?
Many patients have asked if the Covid-19 vaccine is safe prior pregnancy. The Covid-19 vaccines by Pfizer and Moderna are novel mRNA vaccines with an efficacy rate of 95 percent. It is important to note that mRNA is not a live vaccine, it does not replicate or change your DNA, nor is it expected to have any long term genetic consequences. In addition, the mRNA vaccine does not harm fertility or reproduction, such as sperm and egg quality or count, and is safe to use if you are trying to conceive. The common side effects from the vaccine are pain at the injection site and flu like symptoms.
Please talk to your physician to see if getting the vaccine is recommended for you.
To view this session, please click here. Fertility Institute of Hawaii is dedicated to making your fertility journey a safe, successful, and affordable one. We are currently doing many of our appointments from the comfort of your own home via telemedicine and we are now starting to schedule in-office visits as well. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call us at 808-545-2800. Helping to Create New Beginnings…